|It Was News Then|
|Monday, November 19, 2012 10:50 AM|
One Year Ago
• A “Back to School” program in which community leaders taught classes in the Elida Local School District was held Monday. Amanda Township Trustee Keith Miller of Delphos, acted as physical education teacher for students James Hullinger, Kevin Pugh, Jason Smith and Chris Watkins.
• Janice Sherrick hosted Tau chapter of Alpha Delta Omega in her home recently. President Doris Dienstburger opened the meeting with prayer. Plans were finalized to have a Christmas dinner Dec. 8 at which time a gift exchange will be in the home of Marge Morris.
• Psi Chapter, Alpha Delta Omega National Sorority, held its Thanksgiving dinner meeting Tuesday evening at the House of Vogts. Plans were discussed for the Christmas dinner, to be held Dec. 15 at the home of Mrs. Robert Wittler. After the business meeting was adjourned, Mrs. Kenneth Buettner was formally pledged to the sorority.
• Recently elected officers of Hope Lodge No. 214, F & AM, will be installed Dec. 5 in the Masonic Temple here. Officers elected are Roscoe Thompson, worshipful master; Carl Ramsey, senior warden; Edward Jamison, junior warden; R. T. McDonald, secretary; Harold Heitzman, treasurer; Harold Harmon, senior deacon; Gary John, junior deacon; William Benson Tyler and Carl Zink, trustees.
• The new playing floor at St. John’s High was initiated Tuesday night in a manner satisfactory to the local cagers and fans. The Blue and Gold clashed with the Wren High forces and took the visitors into camp in both of games. The Varsity won its game by a score of 32 to 20. The Blue and Gold Reserves were winners by a score of 17 to 14.
• The members of the Delphos Mothers’ Study Club held a regular meeting Tuesday evening at the home of Mrs. Russell Judkins, East Seventh. Mrs. William Kisell read an editorial on Thanksgiving. A poem by Sara Teasdale was given by Mrs. Lowell Shaffer. A business meeting of the club will be held in two weeks with Mrs. Lowell Shaffer, West Fifth Street.