|Midwest Electric members donate $13,469 to charities, projects|
|Monday, November 12, 2012 2:32 PM|
Midwest Electric members recently donated $13,469 to 16 west-central Ohio charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Community Connection Fund.
Since the program began in 1998, the Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund has provided $727,963 to 551 area projects.
The recent fund recipients include the following:
• New Bremen German Township Fire Department, $1,500 to purchase iPads and related equipment for mapping and training.
• Apollo Career Center, Lima, $1,100 to purchase iPads for instructional use in the ABLE/ESOL programs.
• Delphos Canal Commission, $1,000 to help install heating and cooling in the museum’s second floor.
• Darke County EMS, $1,000 to help fund the annual EMS seminar for area counties.
• Bath Elementary - Multiple Disabilities, $1,000 to purchase iPads for instructional aides.
• Family Promise of Lima-Allen County, $1,000 to buy beds for the homeless.
• West Ohio Food Bank, $1,000 to help with OSHA-required maintenance repairs.
• Ft. Recovery Public Library, $1,000 to insulate and repair damaged siding.
• Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley, $1,000 to help support the early childhood program for area pre-schools.
• Children’s Developmental Center of Lima, $819 to purchase a storage cabinet and an iPad for instructional use.
• Mercer County Emergency Response Volunteers, $550 to buy new emergency traffic cones.
• Maria Stein Shrine, $500 towards upgrading the temperature controls on the heating and cooling units.
• Delphos Community Christmas Project, $500 to buy presents for needy children.
• Lima Symphony Orchestra, $500 to help support the Young’s People Concert.
• Van Wert Youth Baseball, $500 to put in a new ball diamond in Jubilee Park.
• Lock One Community Arts, New Bremen, $500 to help support children’s programming.
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the Fund.
A board of trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process.
Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric, at 419-394-4110 or 1-800-962-3830.