July 22, 2014

Subscriber Login



Theatre once occupied The Delphos Herald property PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, June 07, 2014 8:00 PM

The first theater in Delphos was located at 405 N. Main St., the current site of The Delphos Herald. In 1912, the structure, known at the Air Dome Theatre, was showing the short silent drama film “Blind Love,” starring Blanche Sweet and Harry Hyde; “Mr. Swell in the Country”; and “Badgers.” The gentlemen waiting for the doors to open were, from left, Steve Schleeter, Frank Linder and Fred Keutsch. The Delphos Printing and Publishing Co. purchased the lot in July 1912 and started work on The Herald building that fall.

 

(Photo submitted)

Last Updated on Sunday, June 08, 2014 7:32 PM
 

Add comment


Security code
Refresh