|Midwest Electric members donate $13,400|
|Sunday, February 09, 2014 9:44 PM|
Since the program began in 1998, the Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund has provided $795,623 to 621 area projects.
The recent Fund recipients include the following:
• State of the Heart Hospice, $2,000 to buy incontinence and malnutrition products.
• Grand Lake Christian School, St. Marys, $2,000 for computers and a printer.
• SAFY Behavioral Health, Lima, $1,500 to buy autism therapy supplies.
• Grand Lake Home Health & Hospice, $1,500 for a laptop computer.
• Community Health Professionals, Van Wert, $1,000 to buy a training mannequin and mechanical lift.
• Van Wert Area Boychoir, $1,000 towards a sound system.
• Veterans Memorial Civic Center, Lima, $1,000 to support the Haunted Illusions family events.
• Auglaize County Educational Service Center, $750 to buy an iPad and related apps for the multiple disabilities unit.
• St. Henry Police Department, $600 towards a taser.
• Northwest Ohio Literacy Council, $600 for computer equipment.
• ARC of Allen County, $500 to buy autism care supplies.
• Van Wert County D.A.R.E., $500 to help with the 2014 summer camp.
• Coldwater Exempted Village Schools, $450 to buy an iPad to help ELL students.
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the fund.
A Board of Trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process. Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric at 419-394-4110 or 1-800-962-3830.