|ODOT releases weekly road report|
|Friday, November 22, 2013 9:09 PM|
The following is a weekly report concerning construction and maintenance work on state highways within the Ohio Department of Transportation District 1, which includes the counties of Allen, Defiance, Hancock, Hardin, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert and Wyandot. This report is issued each week beginning in April and continues through November.
For the latest in statewide construction, visit www.ohgo.com. Please contact us at 419-999-6803 with any information needs.
Construction and Maintenance Projects
Week of November 25, 2013
I-75 Reconstruction Project
For the most recent information concerning the I-75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, and the safety upgrade of Ohio 117/309 on Lima’s east side please visit: www.odotlima75.org
· I-75 between Fourth Street and Ohio 81 in Lima will have occasional nighttime lane restrictions during reconstruction of the existing lanes of pavement, replacement of mainline bridges and reconstruction of the interchanges. Work began in March 2013 and will continue through fall of 2015. Traffic is maintained two lanes in each direction the majority of the time. Lane restrictions generally occur from 7 p.m.-10 a.m. the following morning. The following is project information for the coming week:
-Construction of the noise walls along I-75 between Ohio 117/309 and Reservoir Road is underway and will continue through the winter. Construction is taking place on the east side of the interstate first.
-Traffic in both the northbound and southbound directions is now traveling on the new concrete pavement from just south of Fourth Street to a point prior to the Ohio 117/309 interchange where traffic is then transitioned back to the existing pavement.
- By mid-December traffic on I-75 will be traveling on new concrete pavement from just south of Fourth Street to Reservoir Road and then be transitioned back to the existing pavement.
- Paving of asphalt in the median area between Ohio 81 and Stewart Road will continue. Daytime lane closures will occur in this area on Saturday. Motorists are cautioned to watch for trucks entering and exiting the highway as the operation continues.
-Embankment work between Ohio 81 and Reservoir is ongoing and will continue for the next several weeks. Motorists are cautioned to watch for trucks entering and exiting the zone.
- Occasional nighttime lane closures will continue on I-75 throughout the zone from Fourth Street to Ohio 81 generally from 7 p.m. until approximately 10 a.m. the following day. Normal traffic patterns of two lanes in each direction will resume during daytime hours.
- Motorists should be aware that all entrance and exit ramp merge areas have been shortened throughout the project area. Drivers on I-75 are encouraged to use the passing lane through the zone if they do not wish to exit. Signs advising this have been placed throughout the project area.
Ohio 117/309 interchange
- The southbound entrance and exit ramps to and from I-75 closed Oct. 7 and will remain closed until mid-December. The closure allows for the construction of the new ramps at the interchange and facilitates construction of the Ohio 117/309 roadway itself. Traffic wishing to access I-75 northbound or southbound is directed to Ohio 117 east to Greely Chapel Road to Fourth Street. I-75 southbound traffic wishing to access Ohio 117/309 is directed to Fourth Street to I-75 northbound back to Ohio 117/309.
- The entrance ramp from Ohio 117/309 to I-75 northbound remains closed as well until mid-December.
- The exit ramp from I-75 northbound to Ohio 117/309 remains open. Traffic will be switched onto the new ramp at some point next week. The traffic pattern will not change.
- Traffic on Ohio 117/309 remains one lane in each direction from the interchange to Willard Avenue (Speedway). This traffic pattern will remain through mid-December.
-Paving of concrete pavement is occurring in the area of the interchange. Motorists are cautioned to watch for trucks entering and exiting the work zone.
· Ohio 117/309 travel lanes, two in each direction, are now open from Ohio 117 to the Allen County fairgrounds. Work will continue on traffic signals which will restrict traffic but only for short periods of time
· Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road east of Lima is one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes for pavement reconstruction. The following are the current traffic impacts:
- The Ohio 81 northbound entrance and exit ramps to and from I-75 are open.
- On Sunday, the I-75 southbound exit ramp to Ohio 81 closed for two weeks for pavement work. Traffic directed south to the Fourth Street interchange to I-75 northbound back to Ohio 81.
-Traffic on Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road is maintained one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes during reconstruction and realignment of the existing roadway.
-Work on paving the new concrete pavement continues. It is anticipated that traffic will be traveling on the new roadway by the end of the year.
-Traffic on Neubrecht Road approaching Ohio 81 has been switched onto the new pavement on the west side of the roadway. No change in traffic pattern has resulted.
Ohio 309 at the eastbound U.S. 30 entrance ramp near Delphos will have occasional lane restrictions through the work zone during drainage work. The majority of the work will take place along the roadside. Work is being performed by Platinum Painting Services, Boardman.
The following locations will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for sealing of pavement repair areas. Work is being performed by the Putnam County ODOT maintenance garage:
-U.S. 224 between the Van Wert County line and the village of Kalida
-Ohio 190 between Ohio 634 and U.S. 224
-Ohio 634 between Ohio 190 and U.S. 224
-Ohio 115 between Ohio 12 and U.S. 224
Ohio 694 at Township Road 21 drainage work is temporarily suspended. Work is expected to resume within the next few weeks. The majority of the work is taking place along the roadside. Work is being performed by Platinum Painting Services, Boardman.
Van Wert County
U.S. 127 survey monument installation between U.S. 224 and the Paulding County line is complete.
Ohio 116 between Ohio 81 and Township Road 18 south of Converse is now open.