|Midwest Electric members donate $14,800|
|Sunday, November 03, 2013 9:14 PM|
Members of Midwest Electric recently donated $14,800 to 13 west-central Ohio charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Community Connection Fund.
Since the program began in 1998, the Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund has provided $782,223 to 608 area projects.
The recent Fund recipients include the following:
• Allen County Sheriff’s Office Dive Team, $2,000 to buy new drysuits.
• Elida Local Schools, $2,000 to buy iPads for educational use.
• Choosing Life Pregnancy Center, Celina, $2,000 to help with building renovations.
• Mercer County Educational Service Center, $1,600 to buy iPods for the high school multiple disabilities unit.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mercer, Auglaize and Van Wert counties, $1,200 to support the Lunch Club program.
• Putnam County Community Improvement Corporation, $1,000 to buy a new computer.
• Ft. Recovery Elementary, $1,000 to support the music therapy program for special needs children.
• New Knoxville High School Athletic Department, $1,000 towards the baseball scoreboard replacement.
• New Knoxville Washington Township Fire Department, $1,000 to replace pagers.
• Allen County Fair, $500 to support talent for the Gospel Singing Tent.
• Operation New Knoxville Cares, $500 to send care packages to military personnel.
• Auglaize County Public District Library System, $500 to help the cake pan and cookie cutter rental program.
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the Fund.
A Board of Trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process.
Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric at 419-394-4110 or 1-800-962-3830.