|ODOT releases weekly road report|
|Saturday, October 19, 2013 12:48 AM|
The following is a weekly report concerning construction and maintenance work on state highways within the Ohio Department of Transportation District 1 which includes the counties of Allen, Defiance, Hancock, Hardin, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert and Wyandot. This report is issued each week beginning in April and continues through November.
For the latest in statewide construction, visit www.ohgo.com. Please contact us at 419-999-6803 with any information needs.
Construction and Maintenance Projects
Week of October 21
I-75 Reconstruction Project
For the most recent information concerning the I-75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, and the safety upgrade of Ohio 117/309 on Lima’s east side, please visit: www.odotlima75.org.
I-75 between Fourth Street and Ohio 81 in Lima will have occasional nighttime lane restrictions during reconstruction of the existing lanes of pavement, replacement of mainline bridges and reconstruction of the interchanges. Work began in March 2013 and will continue through fall of 2015. Traffic is maintained two lanes in each direction the majority of the time. Lane restrictions generally occur from 7 p.m.-10 a.m. the following morning. The following is project information for the coming week:
- Traffic in both the northbound and southbound directions is now traveling on the new concrete pavement from just south of Fourth Street to a point prior to the Ohio 117/309 interchange where traffic is then transitioned back to the existing pavement.
- Paving just north of the Ohio 117/309 interchange to Reservoir Road in the northbound lanes outside the barrier wall is largely complete. Some paving operations will continue. Traffic on I-75 could be affected at times. Motorists are cautioned to watch for concrete trucks entering and exiting the highway as the operation continues.
-Work in the median area from just north of the Fourth Street interchange to south of the Fourth Street interchange will resume during the week and will continue for the next two weeks. Motorists should be aware of equipment entering in and exiting out of the work area.
-Traffic on I-75 northbound will be reduced to one lane through the work zone on Monday between Ohio 81 and Stewart Road while concrete barrier wall is placed. The lane restriction will occur generally between the hours of 7 p.m.-10 a.m. the following day. Work in the median in this area will begin during the week and will continue for the next few weeks. Motorists should be aware of equipment entering in and exiting out of the work area.
- Motorists should be aware that all entrance and exit ramp merge areas have been shortened throughout the project area. Drivers on I-75 are encouraged to use the passing lane through the zone if they do not wish to exit. Signs advising this have been placed throughout the project area.
Ohio 117/309 interchange
- The southbound entrance and exit ramps to and from I-75 closed on Oct. 7 and will remain closed until mid-November. The closure will allow for the construction of the new ramps at the interchange and facilitate construction of the Ohio 117/309 roadway itself. Traffic wishing to access I-75 northbound or southbound will be directed to Ohio 117 east to Greely Chapel Road to Fourth Street. I-75 southbound traffic wishing to access Ohio 117/309 will be directed to Fourth Street to I-75 northbound back to Ohio 117/309.
-The entrance ramp to I-75 northbound from Ohio 117/309 is closed as of Aug. 29 to allow for construction of the new northbound ramp and new northbound pavement on I-75. Traffic on Ohio 117/309 eastbound wishing to access I-75 northbound will be directed to Ohio 117, Greely Chapel Road to Fourth Street back to I-75. Ohio 117/309 westbound will be directed to Lost Creek Boulevard, Ohio 117, Greely Chapel Road and Fourth Street back to I-75.
-The exit ramp from northbound I-75 to Ohio 117/309 remains open.
Ohio 117/309 is at least one lane in each direction without a center turn lane from the interchange area with I-75 to Bowman Road near the Allen County Fairgrounds during a safety upgrade project which will reconstruct areas of the pavement and install a raised curb median in the center of the roadway. This part of the project will be completed this fall. Traffic will be affected as follows in the coming weeks:
- A change in traffic pattern began Oct. 8 on Ohio 117/309 between Roschman Avenue (Bob Evans) and the Allen County Fairgrounds. Traffic is now at least one lane in each direction with eastbound traffic traveling on the south side of the roadway and westbound traffic traveling on the north side of the roadway.
-Left turns into and out of businesses and residences are permitted except between Roschman Avenue and Mt. Holyoke Avenue (Taco Bell) where the raised-curb median is now in place. U-turns are permitted westbound to go eastbound at the Ohio 117/Willard Ave. intersection and eastbound to go westbound at the Mt. Holyoke Ave. intersection.
-Paving of the final layer of asphalt from Roschman Avenue to the east will begin next week and could be completed during the week, weather permitting.
Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road east of Lima is one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes for pavement reconstruction. All ramp movements are currently maintained at the interchange with I-75.
-Traffic on Neubrecht Road will be switched onto the new lanes of travel on the west side of the roadway beginning next week. There will be no change in traffic pattern.
-Paving of the new lanes of Ohio 81 is underway. Motorists are cautioned to be aware of equipment entering and exiting the highway throughout the work zone. Traffic is expected to be on the new lanes of the roadway by the end of the year.
Ohio 309 at the eastbound U.S. 30 entrance ramp near Delphos will be restricted to one lane through the work zone at times during drainage work. The majority of the work will take place along the roadside. Work is being performed by Platinum Painting Services, Boardman.
Ohio 696 intersection with U.S. 30 will be restricted to one lane through the work zone during pavement repair which will occur on Tuesday and Wednesday of the week. Work is being performed by the Allen County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 309 between Baty Road and Eastown Road will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair which will occur on Tuesday and Wednesday of the week. Work is being performed by the Allen County ODOT maintenance garage.
U.S. 30 just west of Ohio 115, both eastbound and westbound, will be one lane through the work zone for approximately one month for replacement of bridge approach areas. The project is expected to be completed by the end of the week. Work is being performed by BCC Ohio, New London.
Ohio 694 at Township Road 21 will be restricted to one lane through the work zone at times during drainage work. The majority of the work will take place along the roadside. The project is expected to be completed during the week. Work is being performed by Platinum Painting Services, Boardman.
Ohio 65 north of Ottawa at Road T-7D is now open.
U.S. 224 a half-mile east of the village of Kalida to the CSX railroad in the village of Ottawa restricted to one lane through the work zone for completion of curb ramp installation and resurfacing. Grinding and paving operations will occur over the weekend and into next week. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Ohio 108 south of Miller City to just north of Miller City is restricted to one lane through the work zone for installation of curb ramps and pavement resurfacing. Minor finish work will occur during the week which will complete the project, weather permitting. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Ohio 694 from the west Glandorf corporation limit to the south Glandorf corporation limit restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement grinding and resurfacing which began last week. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Van Wert County
Ohio 66 north of the city of Delphos will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for sealing of pavement cracks. Work is being performed by the Van Wert County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 118 south of Ohio City is now open.
U.S. 127/U.S. 224 just north of U.S. 30 north of Van Wert is now open