|ODOT releases weekly road report|
|Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:16 AM|
The following is a weekly report concerning construction and maintenance work on state highways within the Ohio Department of Transportation District 1 which includes the counties of Allen, Defiance, Hancock, Hardin, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert and Wyandot. This report is issued each week beginning in April and continues through November.
For the latest in statewide construction visit www.ohgo.com. Please contact us at 419-999-6803 with any information needs.
Construction and Maintenance Projects
Week of September 30
I-75 Reconstruction Project
For the most recent information concerning the I-75 reconstruction project through Lima and Allen County, and the safety upgrade of Ohio 117/309 on Lima’s east side please visit: www.odotlima75.org
I-75 between Fourth Street and Ohio 81 in Lima will have occasional nighttime lane restrictions during reconstruction of the existing lanes of pavement, replacement of mainline bridges and reconstruction of the interchanges. Work began in March 2013 and will continue through fall of 2015. Traffic is maintained two lanes in each direction the majority of the time. Lane restrictions generally occur from 7 p.m.-10 a.m. the following morning. The following is project information for the coming week:
- Traffic in both the northbound and southbound directions is now traveling on the new concrete pavement from just south of Fourth Street to a point prior to the Ohio 117/309 interchange where traffic is then transitioned back to the existing pavement.
- Paving just north of the Ohio 117/309 interchange to Reservoir Road in the northbound lanes outside the barrier wall will begin Monday. During paving operations, traffic on I-75 could be affected at times. Motorists are cautioned to watch for concrete trucks entering and exiting the highway as the operation continues.
- Motorists should be aware that all entrance and exit ramp merge areas have been shortened throughout the project area. Drivers on I-75 are encouraged to use the passing lane through the zone if they do not wish to exit. Signs advising this have been placed throughout the project area.
Ohio 117/309 interchange
- Paving of the new concrete pavement in the ramp areas at Ohio 117/309 is under way. Motorists should watch for equipment in the area.
-The entrance ramp to I-75 northbound from Ohio 117/309 is closed as of Aug. 29 for at least one month to allow for construction of the new northbound ramp and new northbound pavement on I-75. Traffic on Ohio 117/309 eastbound wishing to access I-75 northbound will be directed to Ohio 117, Greely Chapel Road to Fourth Street back to I-75. Ohio 117/309 westbound will be directed to Lost Creek Boulevard, Ohio 117, Greely Chapel Road and Fourth Street back to I-75.
Fourth Street interchange
-All ramps at the Fourth Street interchange are now open.
Ohio 117/309 is two lanes in each direction without a center turn lane from just east of the interchange with I-75 to Bowman Road during a safety upgrade project which will reconstruct areas of the pavement and install a raised curb median in the center of the roadway. All traffic is currently traveling on the north side of the roadway while work takes place on the south. Only two lanes of traffic are maintained, one lane in each direction, from Willard Avenue (Speedway) to the west of the I-75 interchange. This part of the project will be completed this fall. Traffic will be affected as follows in the coming weeks:
- A change in traffic pattern is expected to occur in early October on Ohio 117/309 between Saratoga Avenue (Hunan Gardens) and Radcliffe Avenue (Red Lobster). Traffic at that time will be placed on both the north side and south side of the roadway while work begins in the median area to install a raised-curb median. Traffic will be maintained two lanes in each direction but frequent lane closures will reduce traffic to one lane.
- Ohio 117 between Ohio 309 and Greely Chapel Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction at times for curb and gutter and driveway reconstruction over the next couple of weeks. Lane closures will occur as needed.
-Pavement widening operations on the south side of Ohio 309 between Saratoga Avenue and Lost Creek Boulevard will cause frequent closures of the eastbound, right lane. The lane closures could also occur on Saturdays but will reopen at the end of the day.
Ohio 81 from just west of Stewart Road to just west of Neubrecht Road east of Lima is one lane in each direction in the existing eastbound lanes for pavement reconstruction. All ramp movements are currently maintained at the interchange with I-75.
U.S. 30 just east of Ohio 115, both eastbound and westbound, will be one lane through the work zone for approximately one month for replacement of bridge approach areas. Work is being performed by BCC Ohio, New London.
I-75 at the Breese Road overhead (between the 120 and 121 mile marker) will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair two days during the week, generally between the hours of 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Work is being performed by the Allen County ODOT maintenance garage.
U.S. 30 at Ohio 696 in Beaverdam will be restricted to one lane through the work zone on Monday of the week for pavement repair. Work is being performed by the Allen County ODOT maintenance garage.
Ohio 66 in the city of Delphos closed Monday for five days for a railroad crossing repair. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 697, Ohio 116 and Ohio 81 back to Ohio 66. Work is being performed by Balfour Beatty Rail Inc., Atlanta, Ga.
U.S. 224 between N. Walnut Street and N. Oak Street in the village of Ottawa will be closed for four days beginning Oct. 7 for a railroad crossing repair. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 65, 11th Street, Agner Street back to U.S 224. Work is being performed by CSX Railroad.
Ohio 634 between Ohio 190 and Ohio 613 will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair. Work is being performed by Putnam County ODOT.
Ohio 65 at Road L-10 south of the village of Ottawa will be restricted at times through the work zone in the upcoming weeks for removal of pavement at the intersection. The work coincides with a project being performed by CSX Railroad which will eliminate the railroad crossing at this location.
U.S. 224 a half mile west of the village of Kalida to the CSX railroad in the village of Ottawa restricted to one lane through the work zone during installation of handicapped ramps which is expected to be completed during the week. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Ohio 108 south of Miller City to just north of Miller City will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for installation of handicapped ramps. Work is expected to begin with the next two weeks. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Ohio 694 from the Glandorf corporation limit to just north of Glandorf restricted to one lane through the work zone for installation of handicapped ramps. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton.
Van Wert County
U.S. 127/U.S. 224 just north of U.S. 30 north of Van Wert will be closed for 30 days beginning October 2 for a railroad crossing repair. The following detours will be in place during the closure:
-U.S. 224 westbound traffic detoured onto Ohio 637, Ohio 114, Ohio 49 and U.S. 30 back to U.S. 224.
-U.S. 224 eastbound traffic detoured onto U.S. 30, Ohio 66 back to U.S. 224.
-U.S. 127 northbound and southbound, and U.S. 30 accessing U.S. 127 northbound detoured onto U.S. 30, Ohio 49, Ohio 114 back to U.S. 127.
-U.S. 30 eastbound accessing U.S. 127 northbound detoured onto U.S. 30, Ohio 66, U.S. 224, Ohio 637 and Ohio 114 back to U.S. 127.
U.S. 127 three miles south of Van Wert is now open.