|It Was News Then|
|Monday, December 31, 2012 1:36 PM|
One Year Ago
• The Jefferson Lady Cats took a 42-37 victory over the Antwerp Archers Wednesday afternoon at Jefferson Senior High School. Jefferson’s defense helped them tremendously throughout the game. The leading scorer for the Wildcats was Cheryl Kortokrax with 12.
• Eagles auxiliary met with 29 members attending. Helen Vance won the hot seat. Special awards were won by Frances Grothouse, Gertrude Hempfling and Cindy Heising. Hostesses for the Jan. 11 meeting will be Ladonna Schmelzer, chairwoman, assisted by Emma Jean Suever, Shirley Rex, Pat Horstman and Lola Busch.
• One of the nicest events of the Christmas holidays was held Saturday night when more than 200 persons attended Phi Delta Sorority’s sponsored Charity Ball at the Knights of Columbus club rooms. Proceeds from the dance go toward the sorority’s civic project of furnishing shoes and boots for school age children of needy families in Delphos.
• Mayor Richard F. Wulfhorst reminded Delphos citizens Monday that mid-street parking will be discontinued on Main Street after today. The city has an agreement with the state, the mayor said, to discontinue the mid-street parking. The city parking lot on North Washington Street is not ready for use yet, but the mayor added the city hopes to have the lot ready within the next week or 10 days.
• Mrs. John Stegeman, South Franklin Street, entertained the members of the J. T. Club and one guest, Mrs. Frank Stegeman, at her home Thursday afternoon. At the conclusion of the Pedro games, Mrs. Paul Eiche was high, Mrs. Albert Mueller, second and Mrs. Henry Hanf, third.
• A group of old friends, all of Welsh descent, were luncheon guests Thursday of Martha Davis of Venedocia. Present were Edith Jones of Lakeside, Mrs. Earl Rohn, Emma Jones, Mrs. Arthur Thomas and Mrs. T. R. Thomas, all of Lima; Mrs. Samuel Roberts and Mrs. George Stallkamp of Delphos.