|It Was News Then|
|Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:52 PM|
One Year Ago
• It took the law of averages one half to get into the game. But once it did the Jefferson girls had an easy time putting away Paulding 57-33 Thursday night at Jefferson Senior High School. Angie Gonyea led Jefferson scoring with 11 points. Kim Carmean and Margie Miller each added 10.
• 24 members of the 100 bushel Corn Club received awards for growing more than 100 bushels per acre at their annual banquet in St. John’s school cafeteria Tuesday night. William Stant received the trophy for top yield on the basis of his 178.2 bushels per acre.
• The Delphos Lions Club held its annual Christmas party and ladies night Tuesday evening at the Delphos Country Club with 38 members, wives and guests. Owen Grubenhoff was in charge of the entertainment for the evening which included selections by The Derby Dolls, an all-girl quartet.
• The Christmas meeting of the members of the Woman’s Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Church was held Friday afternoon at the home of Mrs. Guy Tilton, North Bredeick Street. Jane Meads sang “Holy Night” with Alma Sanders as accompanist. A medly of Christmas carols was rendered by Mrs. Michael Murphy, violinist, with Mrs. Tilton serving as accompanist.
• A Christmas exchange will be made Tuesday evening when the members of the local temple of Pythian Sisters convene in Castle hall for the weekly session. The committee for that meeting is comprised of Mrs. Frank Peltier, chairman; Anna Point, Mrs. York Powell, Mrs. Samuel Roberts and Mrs. Alonzo Rice.